17 – 20 November 2020 | EXCO, Daegu, South Korea
Student Volunteer Productions
Submission Deadline: 20 June 2020, 23:59 UTC/GMT
The main job for the Student Volunteer Productions would be to create the following Onsite Videos:
- SV Program Orientation Video to be shown at SV Orientation
- SV Daily Recaps
- SV Experience Video to be shown at SV Closing Ceremony
Here are some of the key information to take note of:
Student Volunteer Productions (SVP) Team:
- We will recruit 5 SVs for the production team to create the onsite event videos
- One of the SV Pro Leads will be assigned to take care of the team, which includes being a part of jury, team management, communications and follow ups. SV Pro Leads will train and grow the team with the hopes of potentially grooming candidates to take on Team Leader roles next year.
Accommodation: SV Program will provide accommodation for the 5 SVs.
Equipment: Applicants will be requested to submit their personal videography equipment in the SV application. The SV Program will also be including a list of required equipment for potential sponsors.
Submission Criteria: A videography reel submission along with your Resume/CV with relative video skills and experience will be required.
Call for Student Volunteer Productions
Student Volunteer Productions (SVP Junior) is SV Program's special team which includes a group of students who have skilled video production techniques to create video content for the SV Program. In the 6-day challenge, the team will film and create a few videos to record the wonderful SV and attendee experience at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020. And as a result, the videos will be officially shown at the SV Orientation and the SV Closing Ceremony for everyone in the SV Program. The attendee event videos will also be featured on the event’s official social media platforms.
We are looking for students who have video production talents in filmmaking, videography, video editing and visual effect design. The scope of the work in this 6-day challenge will include the following:
- SV Program Orientation Video:
The SV Program Orientation Video will be creative and fun in style and serves as the warm-up video at our SV Orientation. It is mainly for introducing Team Leaders, Subcommittees and the Production team to everyone. The team will produce the video in the first two days before the conference begins and the video will be shown at the SV Program Orientation on Nov 16th.
Check out our SIGGRAPH Asia 2019 SV Program Orientation Video
- SV Experience Video and Daily Recaps
Daily recaps will be focusing on student volunteer’s experience at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 and the videos would be posted on SIGGRAPH Asia SV Program Facebook page. With all the daily recaps, we will output a final SV Experience Video and show it at the SV Closing Ceremony for everybody.
- Check out our SIGGRAPH Asia 2019 SV Experience Video
If you have a passion for filmmaking and would like to join the team, please submit your application by filling the SV Application Form - except the general questions in that form, please also complete the “Student Volunteer Productions Application” questions.
The benefits you receive as SVP Junior include a Full Conference pass to use during your free time, exclusive access to Student Volunteer special sessions and eligibility for complimentary accommodation in Daegu, Korea for the duration of the Conference. Applicants who are not accepted as SVP Junior will still be considered for Student Volunteer positions.
Join us by submitting your application now as the Student Volunteer Productions will be the best place to showcase your talents at SIGGRAPH Asia!
- Log in to the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System
- Select "Begin a New Submission"
- Select "Create" for the Student Volunteer submission form
Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret that we cannot accept any late applications.
Please comply with the submission deadlines and ensure that you submit your application by the appropriate day and time. We cannot make any exceptions for students due to miscalculation of the application deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
20 June 2020, 23:59 UTC/GMT: Deadline for SV Productions Team Applications
Interested students are required to complete SV Pro-specific essays and provide a portfolio in addition to the regular elements of the Student Volunteer application. Please adjust your spam filter so that messages from siggraph.org email addresses will not be placed in your junk-mail folder. Applicants who are not accepted as Production Team members will still be considered for Student Volunteer positions.
SV (Student Volunteer) Eligibility Criteria
- Enrolled as a full-time high school, undergraduate or graduate student during the 2019 academic year, or graduated after 1 January 2018.
- At least 18 years of age as of 15 November 2020.
- Able to arrive in Daegu, South Korea before 12:00 UTC/GMT+9 (local time in Korea) on Monday, 16 November 2020 and stay until 18:00 on Friday, 20 November 2020. Other arrangements for arrival and departure should be made by contacting the SV Chair directly.
- Able to present a current government-issued photo ID, such as a passport (overseas students from outside of South Korea) or national ID (domestic students in South Korea), at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020.
- Willing and able to fulfil the required amount of on-site volunteer service allocated by the Student Volunteer Program.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Complete their volunteer application (SV Pro) prior to the Application Deadline (20 June 2020, 23:59 UTC/GMT).
Attend Mandatory Orientation, Monday, 16 November 2020
Volunteers must plan their travel to arrive at Daegu Exhibition & Convention Center, Daegu, South Korea NO LATER THAN 12:00 on Monday, 16 November 2020, in order to check in before the start of the Student Volunteer Orientation. The location of the Orientation will be announced in November.
Volunteers must not depart from Daegu Exhibition & Convention Center earlier than 18:00 on Friday, 20 November 2020. We recommend that you consider staying until Saturday, 21 November 2020 to celebrate a successful conference together with your new SIGGRAPH Asia colleagues on the Friday evening.
Arrive at the Student Volunteer Office at least 30 minutes before each of your scheduled shift times with a smile on your face and a passion to serve!
Complementary SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Full Conference Registration
Enjoy all of the sights and sounds of the amazing conference that is SIGGRAPH Asia when you are off-shift!
Student Volunteer Special Sessions
Hear top professionals in the industry (and former student volunteers) speak about tips, tricks, and job opportunities at exclusive "Student Volunteer-only" sessions at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020!
S3 Résumé and Reel Review Sessions
Polish that reel and résumé, and get some professional feedback to land that dream job (but get in touch quickly, as space is limited)! This program is made possible by the SIGGRAPH Student Services Committee (S3).
Meet students from all over the globe who share your passion for computer graphics!
You never know what's in store! From special guests to prizes, we are always up to something fun for our hardworking student volunteers!
Be prepared to handle expenses including, but not limited to:
- Travel (and associated costs) to and from Daegu, South Korea
- Hotel and other lodging expenses
- Public transport or parking fees in Daegu, South Korea
You will be provided housing assistance.
All deadlines are 23:59 UTC/GMT. The local time-zone for Daegu, South Korea is (GMT+9).
16 March 2020
Application System Open
20 June 2020
Student Volunteer Productions Application Deadline
25 July 2020
Student Volunteer Application Deadline
15 November 2020 (14:00 Local Time)
Accommodation Check-in (For SVs who receive housing assistance)
16 November 2020 (12:00 Local Time)
SVs Check-in (At the SV Office in the convention center)
16 November 2020 (15:00 Local Time)
17 - 20 November 2020
SIGGRAPH Asia 2020
20 November 2020 (18:00 Local Time)
21 November 2020 (10:00 Local Time)
Accommodation Check-out (for SVs receiving housing assistance)